Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Salted Strawberry Sunburn

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking


1. Process of elimination is often how I make decisions.  Thomas Edison said, "I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." This week I've found 5 pairs of footwear that don't work for me.  Each pair gives me blisters in a different spot. I've also found that cheap band-aids don't stick.

2. Going for long walks doesn't help with the blisters, but not being able to go for walks makes me restless. 

3. I've discovered an excellent way to dry out your contacts, go on a really fast bike ride.  Sunglasses would solve this problem.  They would also decrease the chances of permanent wrinkles from squinting so much.

4. The saying "the grass is greener on the other side" also applies to picking strawberries.  The berries in the next row are always bigger and brighter until you switch rows and look back. I also like this version, "The grass is always greener where you water it."

5. Freshly picked strawberries are so much better than anything in the store. Better than candy.  But like candy, they can still give you a stomach ache if you eat to many.

6. Picking strawberries from 11:00-1:00 is not a wise time of day, but sometimes that's just what happens.  Sunscreen helps, except when you miss a spot.

7. The new hand soap on my bathroom counter contains sea salt. Sea salt does not mix with sunburn. Yes, it is possible to sunburn your hands.

8. It's way easier for me to come up with food posts than write about other stuff, as evidenced by this post.  But non-food posts force me to step back and look at life.  Well some of them do....this one, not so much.   Let's call it a day, shall we?  Besides, I need to locate some sunglasses and aloe. (Seriously, put sunscreen on your hands.)

Food for Thought: "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -Samuel Beckett

No comments:

Post a Comment