Monday, July 2, 2012

Mindful Monday: Attitude is Everything

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.


One of my favorite teachers in middle school often stressed "attitude is everything".  I'm not sure I thought about it much at the time, but it applies just as much now as it did then.  Your mindset and outlook make all the difference in how your day goes.  Often times I need to readjust my perspective throughout the day. Here's some things I'd like to work on in that area;

- Choose to be curious, looking for and wondering what you can learn from a situation
- Learn from mistakes and move on, don't dwell on them
- Look at the situation as an opportunity not a difficulty
- Focus on what you do have not what may be lacking
- Find a way to be thankful for everything
- View it as a challenge to tackle
- Focus on what you can do now, not on what you can't/should/would
- Think about what you are doing, not what you're missing
- Remember that your perspective is limited; you can't see the whole picture
- Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)


Food for Thought: "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." -Roald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment