Monday, July 16, 2012

Mindful Monday: Wisdom

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

While I'm back from the weekend road trip, my mind doesn't quite feel like it's caught up yet.  So instead of me trying to think of a topic or rambling on here, I'll write out a few verses from Proverbs.  On my quest for wisdom and direction in life I've been reading a chapter from Proverbs most days. There are 31 chapters so it works out just right to read the chapter corresponding to the day of the month.  Since it's July 16th, these are some verses from Proverbs 16.  There's a ton of wisdom packed in here but I just picked out some of the verses.  I encourage you to take the time to read the whole chapter here. It won't take long, and even if it did it would be worth it.

To man belong the plans of the heart, but from the Lord comes the reply of the tongue. - v1

All a man's ways seem innocent to him, but motives are weighed by the Lord. - v2

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. - v3

Better a little with righteousness than much gain with injustice. - v8

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. - v9

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. - v18

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. -v20

A wise man's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. -v23

There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. -v25

A perverse man stirs up dissension, and a gossip separates close friends. -v28

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. -v32


Food for Thought: "If I find in myself  a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." C.S. Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment