Thursday, July 5, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Outside

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking


Have you noticed the huge pale orange moon the last few nights?  Beautiful.  I tried to take a picture, but it just looks like a street light.  I was getting too many mosquito bites to try and figure out how to get a good shot.

Speaking of mosquitoes, I've decided they have a deal with blackberries.  You see, the weather that is just perfect for ripening wild blackberries is also perfect for mosquito breeding.  The beautifully ripe blackberries then attract distracted humans who are out for a walk.  The human stops to pick blackberries and the mosquitoes swarm in for an attack.  After a few rounds of that last week, I finally decided the blackberries weren't worth the bites.  This week it's been too hot to be out walking on the trail.  I'm missing it a lot.  On a rare day when the mosquitoes weren't biting I took a few pictures from the trail with my phone.

 This is one of my favorite viewpoints.  It's past the neighborhoods and power lines and out into the open fields.


 Go a little further and you'll find a barn.

I'm guessing this frog got hit by a bike.  At first I thought it was fake...then I touched it...gross, bad idea. 

 There are wild blackberries all along the trail.

You just have to keep you eyes open.

 
If you're lucky you'll find a whole handful at once.   Ugh, why is this typing in white? again!

But watch out for those mosquitoes!

The aftermath...also have you noticed how much your hands swell on a hot day after a long walk? 


More open fields. It's so nice to see the country side.  


When it cools off a little check and see if there's a bike trail in your area, then get outside!

Food for Thought: "Life is like photography, you develop from the negatives" -unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment