Monday, August 13, 2012

Mindful Monday: Thankful List

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here

It always helps to pause and think of things you're thankful for.  Sometimes I get too overwhelmed by the big picture or too lost in the little details.  Giving thanks for the big and small helps me adjust my perspective.

I'm thankful for:
-change
-opportunity
-chances to practice things I need to improve on
-cool weather
-being outside
-stars
-sunshine
-the moon
-the sound of crickets chirping
-sleeping with my window open
-going for long walks
-a good conversation
-a listening ear
-prayer
-coffee
-quietness and stillness
-inspiration
-options and choices
-electricity
-second chances
-hot water
-encouraging examples
-understanding the reason why something turned out the way it did
-watermelon
-a chance to grow and change
-ideas
-trial and error
-learning from mistakes
-a good night of sleep
-blankets
-a roof over my head
-the ability to read
-light bulb moments
-smiles

Food for Thought: "Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It's moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength." -Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment