Monday, September 10, 2012

Mindful Monday: Refocus and Repeat

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

These haven't been on my mind lately, but I wish they had been.  Rather than just wishing they were on my mind, I can repeat verses over and over until they come to mind automatically.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. -2 Timothy 1:7

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so you can stand up under it.  -1 Corinthians 10:13

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. -Lamentations 2:21-26

'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' -2 Corinthians 12:9

Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. -Psalm 34:8

Food for Thought: The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.- Proverbs 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment