Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts: Slow Down

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

I hear that still small voice again, whispering to slow down and listen.  Yet everything around me screams to hurry up, do more, be more, get more done, go, go, go.  Just one more thing before you slow down to listen.  Speed up so you can slow down?  That can't be right.  I must slow down and listen first.

Be still and know that I am God. -Psalm 46:10

Do not merely listen to the word and deceive yourselves. Do what it says. -James 1:22

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. -James 3:17

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. -James 4:7-8

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. -Psalm 37:7

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? -Psalm 8:3-4

Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.-Psalm 100:3

The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge; the ears of the wise seek it out. -Proverbs 18:15

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. -Lamentations 3:21-23

Food for Thought: The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. -Lamentations 3:24




No comments:

Post a Comment