Monday, November 26, 2012

Mindful Monday: Patience

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him. -Psalm 37:7

I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. -Psalm 40:1

A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly. -Proverbs 14:29

A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel. -Proverbs 15:18

Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. -Proverbs 16:32

A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense. -Proverbs 19:11

Through patience a ruler can be persuaded, and a gentle tongue can break a bone. -Proverbs 25:15

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. -Romans 8:25

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -Romans 12:12

Love is patient. -1 Corinthians 13:4

But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. -Galatians 5:22-23

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. -Ephesians 4:2

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. -Colossians 3:12

I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. -1 Timothy 1:16

And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised. -Hebrews 6:15

Food for Thought: "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." -Lamentations 3:24

2 comments:

  1. Hello Melissa! So delightful to meet you today and share some "kitchen" time together!!
    Your blog is BEAUUUUTIFUL! Lovin' the aqua "blue" that becomes your naturally gorgeous eyes.
    You can NEVER go wrong with holding onto the words shared on your MINDFUL MONDAY posting! It is very uplifting for me to read all these Bible verses in one place. THANK YOU for sharing!! I certainly look forward to reading more of your older posts.
    Joyful blessings......~Sandie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandie! It was a blessing to meet you today. I'm looking forward to working with you more and learning from your expertise in the kitchen and in life's journeys. Hopefully our shifts will overlap again soon :)

      Delete