Monday, November 12, 2012

Mindful Monday: Peace

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I'm finding it rather interesting to look up all the places a word is used in the Bible.  A few weeks ago I did this with hope and shared some of them with you.  Bible Gateway is a great online tool that allows you to search the Bible in various ways and compare different versions.  Below are are few of the verses that stood out to me on peace.  I know it looks like a lot, but it really won't take you long to read it. I encourage you to take a few minutes to pause and reflect before you start the busy week.

A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones. -Proverbs 14:30

Turn form evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it. -Psalm 34:14

Better a dry crust with peace and quite than a house full of feasting, with strife. -Proverbs 17:1

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. -Isaiah 26:3

Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. -Isaiah 26:12

'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you. -Isaiah 54:10

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. -John 14:27

'I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.' -John 16:33

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lour Jesus Christ. -Romans 5:1

The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace -Romans 8:6

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. -Romans 12:18

Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.  -Romans 14:19

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace. -1 Corinthians 14:33

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:6-7

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving. considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17

Food for Thought: No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. -Hebrews 12:11


No comments:

Post a Comment