Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Unwrapped Wednesday: Handcrafted Spoons and Coasters

Now that Christmas is over I can show you two projects I've been working on.  A few gifts I gave this year were ones I made.  I probably had more fun working on them than the recipients will have using them, but it's the thought that counts, right?

First up are these beaded spoons. Just wrap wire and beads around a flat spoon handle and you're good to go.  I gave them with jars of Cookie Butter/Biscoff Spread. Of course a homemade nut butter would have been nice, but I didn't quite fit that in this year.


Next up are the coasters I made for my mom.  Last year a friend of mine introduced me to these tile coasters (thanks, Mel!).  I've made them with scrapbook paper in the past but wanted to give them a more personal touch.  My mom loves flowers so I picked out four pictures I had taken and went to work.  Making these really made me want to get outside and use my camera for something other than food.

We found these bluebells at a state park several years ago.

These were outside my apartment one summer.  

Blossoms on the tree outside our kitchen window.

Daffodils in our garden last spring. 

There are quite a few tutorials out there on how to make these, so I'll just leave it at that. Hope you had a Merry CHRISTmas. 

Food for Thought: "For the spirit of Christmas fulfills the greatest hunger of mankind." -Loring A. Schuler


No comments:

Post a Comment