Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts: Truth

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior, and my hope is in you all day long. -Psalm 25:4-5

Do not withhold you mercy from me, O Lord; may your love and your truth always protects me. -Psalm 40:11

Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me. -Psalm 43:3

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. -Psalm 86:11

The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. -Psalm 145:18

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful. -Proverbs 12:22

Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding. -Proverbs 23:23

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. -Mark 10:15

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. -John 1:14

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. -John 1:17

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it my be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. -John 3:21

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my words and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. -John 5:24

I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life. -John 6:47

Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. -John 8:32

Jesus answered, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." -John 14:6

This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. -1 Timothy  2:3-4

Let us not love with words and tongue, but with actions and in truth. -1 John 3:18


Still hungry? Check out similar posts on patiencepeacehopetrustwaiting, and joy


Food for Thought: "Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either." -Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment