Monday, February 11, 2013

Mindful Monday: Continuing Thanks

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

I'm still finding it very helpful to list the things I'm thankful for.  If I don't physically make a list, it gets pushed aside and lost in my mental scramble of things to do.  Crazy, hectic chaos seems to take over and everything feels off.  It is only when I pause and mindfully think of all I have to be thankful for that my day is suddenly better.

a busy schedule
structure
a day to sleep in
books to read
new cookbooks
tasks accomplished
reminders
grace
patience
health
a good movie
the patter of raindrops on the window (is it really raining in February?!)
puddles
salt to melt icy driveways
shoveled sidewalks
turquoise sweaters
pajama pants
vibrant colors
the promise of spring
hot chocolate
warm bowls of soup
hot dish water on cold hands
slippers
imperfection
thought-provoking books
opportunity to practice self-improvement
chances to learn
tips and advice from those with experience
a willingness to share and teach
success at new ventures
communication
hot water
finding the lost shoe I've been looking for
a thoughtful person helping scrape ice off my car
adventures that make good stories

Food for Thought: "And when I give thanks for the seemingly microscopic, I make a place for God to grow within me." -Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts





No comments:

Post a Comment