Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts: Heteronyms

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

It's time for a little fun with words again.  Heteronyms are words that have the same spelling but a different meaning and pronunciation.  It's kind of entertaining to try and use both words in the same sentence.

The tear in the paper caused him to shed a tear.

After playing his bass guitar, he sat down to a meal of grilled bass.

I'd be content with the book if the plot had a little more content.

Following his performance on the bow and fiddle, he took a bow and accepted the gift tied with a bow.

He shot his bow and arrows from the bow of the ship.

The dove dove from the tree in a swift motion.

It was a close call, but she managed to close the door just in time.

Lead me to something that's not as heavy as lead.

I object to owning anything as useless as that object.

Though you are an invalid, your excuse is still invalid.

Before you resign, you'll have to resign this paperwork.

I must resume the rewriting of my resume.

The rope will wound you if it's wound too tight.

For fun and recreation he enjoyed making a recreation of the original.

She decided to produce a meal consisting entirely of produce.

I'll combine the cookie ingredients while you finish harvesting with the combine.

Hmm, speaking of cookies...I think I'd better just stick to that.

Food for Thought: "Just that maybe...maybe you don't want to change the story, because you don't know what a different ending holds." -Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment