Monday, April 8, 2013

Mindful Monday: Grace

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given. -John 1:16

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. -John 1:14

For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. -John 1:17

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the good news of God's grace. -Acts 20:24

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. -Romans 3:23-24

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. -Romans 5:1-2

And if by grace, then it can not be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace. -Romans 11:6

But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. -1 Corinthians 15:10

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. -2 Corinthians 8:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. -2 Corinthians 12:9

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions- it is by grace you have been saved. -Ephesians 2:4-5

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. -Ephesians 4:7

Let us then approach the throne of God's grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. -Hebrews 4:16


Still hungry? Check out similar posts on these words patiencepeacehopetrustfreejoywaittruthself-controllovewisdommindgentle

Food for Thought: "Your worst days are never so bad that you're beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you're beyond the need of God's grace." -Jerry Bridges 

No comments:

Post a Comment