Monday, May 20, 2013

Mindful Monday: Weekend and Thanks

Mindful Monday: On Monday's I'm going to share what's been on my mind. I by no means have any of this figured out, I'm just thinking out loud here.

The weekend was filled with celebrating my grandma's 80th birthday.  Her older sister drove up form Ohio to visit.  Saturday was the official party and they spent Sunday at our house.  There's a lot to learn from older generations.  I bet you didn't know you can get a free colonoscopy if you make it to 100 years. Motivation at it's finest, eh?

But let's not get into anymore exciting details from the weekend.  We'll just go with another thankful list.

thunderstorms
lightening
growing up close to my grandma and other relatives
celebration of life
new growth
flowering trees
bright green of newly opened leaves on trees
sunshine
a warm breeze
the fragrance of spring in the air
challenges that help you grow
mistakes that point you in the right direction
patience
chances to learn
reminders
the patter of rain on the windows
fresh air
sinks with garbage disposals
watermelon
differences that balance each other out
opportunity for growth
perspective

Food for Thought: The purposes of a man's heart are deep waters, but a man of understanding draws them out. -Proverbs 20:5

No comments:

Post a Comment