Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday's Thoughts: Small Talk Followed by a Real Thought

Thursday's Thoughts: a taste of what I'm thinking

1. I missed you yesterday!  It felt, I don't know....out of place, different, odd to not write a post or check in here.

2. Also, what's with this weather?  Crazy.  The neighbor kids were outside in their swimsuits over the weekend and now a full-blown snow day.   Snow, lots of snow.  In May.

3. Wait, what?  It's MAY already?

4. Did you make May Day baskets as a kid?  The idea was to fill a small basket (...or paper cup with a pipe cleaner handle) with spring flowers (hmmm, it was usually treats) and leave it on your neighbor's doorstep.  Then you ring the door bell and run away as fast as you can without getting caught.  I have one odd snapshot in my memory of delivering May Day baskets.  Just after we rang the doorbell and started to run my shoe came untied.  Except it was un-Velcroed not untied, because I was wearing Little Mermaid shoes with Velcro straps.  I had to stop in the middle of the cul-de-sac to fix my shoe.  That's all I remember.  No idea why those particular shoes are the only part I remember.

5. Okay, we've wasted enough time here.  Check out the idea below that I found on Ann Voskamp's site.  You pick just 1 of the 10 things to do before you turn on your computer (or tap on your phone, tv, etc).  Make your own list if you like, just pause for something meaningful before you get sucked into distractions that eat up your time.  Speaking of eating, I couldn't help but notice Ann's dessert analogy after the printable version, "Life is dessert-- too brief to hurry. You don't wolf it down."  Click on the links (in blue) for the rest of her post and thoughts on distractions.



Food for Thought: "It occurs to me it is not so much the aim of the devil to lure me with evil as it is to preoccupy me with the meaningless." -Donald Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment